Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

E-mail - January 9, 2008

Another amazing week as Sister Cannon. Where do I begin? My terrible cold proved fully flegged sinus infection. I finish up the antibiotics tomorrow. I haven't felt pain like my teeth were growing in again. I have been extra grateful for my body lately.

We have been finding a lot of really amazing people lately. Especially a family in Trumpington. We are going to see her tomorrow. What we really need now is new investigators. I have had some real character building experiences this week. I have officially accepted that I am a missionary. I have accepted that I have the gift of the Holy Ghost. I have the most precious thing on earth or heaven. It's real. It's good.

Goal setting has been another thing that Sister Besso is helping me with. She has done this before (been someone's last companion.) So she knows what to say. At first, I would have said that setting goals is being "trunkie". But I am learning (from Chapter 8 in PMG) the technique of how to set and achieve goals will help me focus on being what the Lord wants me to be and when, which is what makes me the most happy.

I learned a lot in Sacrament meeting. There are loads of really good families in our Ward. I love Church. It's my favorite three hours of the week, and that is saying something. I have a feeling that when I get home church will seem much shorter. Sundays as well.

Did I tell you that Brother Soames got baptized? Sister Halladay showed me the pictures and the programme at the temple trip. He's doing really well. He bore his testimony and everything. Seeing the picture was like the Celestial Kingdom. I was so happy. I still smile thinking about it. Individuals are so important! EVERY soul is precious.

I must be feeling better. I've been in a cleaning mood. Our flat is spotless! I might even take pictures. I don't blame you for taking the decorations down. We also did that. Have you had much snow? That's not something I usually think about. It rarely snows here. I has been quite cold lately but no snow and it doesn't feel like January.

I love you all very, very, very much. I pray for each of you. And I know that it works.

Cheers, love, Sister Cannon"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister Abigail Cannon,
I know that you can email me, but I want to let you know that I was thinking of you and would love to be able to write to you so please write me back at 649E 800N Bld C #14 Logan Ut 84321
Evan Lytle

Friday, January 11, 2008 2:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home