Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

E-mail - November 7, 2007

"An average week with average ups and downs. Brother Soans is still preparing for baptism on the 30 November. It will be a good one. I will remind you that when we first met him, he had no concept (nor did he wish to) of God or Heaven or anything spiritual. He teaches me so much about choice and consequence. His choices have lead him to now recognize readily the blessings of keeping the commandments. Obedience brings blessings. A lifestyle focused on service and love and learning and change is happier than those focused on money, gain, food and essentially carnal desires. Another thing that I have realized this week is the comparison between covenant people and not. We have more and more opportunity (and responsibility) to stand as examples to the world. Most people don't know there IS a better way much less know what it is. So many families that harden their hearts don't know how to even respond to love or concern. It's just not found anywhere in the world. Also, another lesson, it does not work to not believe in God. Faith is so essential to doing any of the Lord's tasks.

The 5th of November was Guy Fawkes Day. From now until Christmas there is a constant stream of fireworks. It is some consolation to the freezing cold winds that seem to be what they call "lazy winds." They don't go around you or over you, they go right through you. I am keeping quite comfortable. Sister Halladay is in a jogging mode which helps and I have plenty of layers, including a homemade jumper from Sister Gasson. I find myself falling into the culture quite naturally. If you can't talk about God, you can talk about the weather. No matter what the age across the board, the British will talk about weather more than anything else. I love England.

Things are going really well and I am trying to continue in my pace. I feel the rate of my "progress" has slowed slightly, but I guess that is normal. I do feel like I have never not been a missionary. And it's hard to imagine anything else, so I usually don't I love you all over and over. Each of you are in my prayers. Especially little Andrew. God Speed. Sister Cannon"

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home