Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

E-mail - Sept., 19, 2007

"Yesterday we took the bus home, not a usual thing because the busses are usually unreliable but we thought we'd risk it to avoid the burst of cold sea breeze and questionable neighborhoods. (Don't worry -- nothing too horrible). We were the only ones on the bus until we stopped in town centre and a teenage girl and a mid-20's man got on. We smiled at both and both sat separately near the back. They both looked so familiar to me. Especially the man, but I couldn't place it. I see so many faces. When we got off a few minutes later he waved to us and smiled. Frustrated at my lack of memory, we retired home. The next day we got on a series of wrong buses meeting a series of right people - not uncommon in this mad mission lifestyle. We did end up back at the bus station when we walked right off the bus and into familiar bus man. Another smile and wave from him and us "excuse me, do I know you from somewhere?" He just started a college course and is meeting loads of new people, and just turned out to be a very friendly 28-year-old Suffolk boy that believes in God. If I could tell you how rare that is I would have time to tell you that he is interest in the Church and going to come to the YSA activity. It was amazing. We have been taking the miraculously o-time bus home ever since and good things are happening. Life is good.

There is a load to Elders going home in a few weeks and the mission is changing a bunch. I try my best to remove myself from the culture of the mission, it's a byproduct of the system, but it must be dealt with. Today, for instance, we are going up to Norwich for interviews where no doubt the Elders will want to play football and act their age. Oh well, life is good. I love the Lord and I love all of you. Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home