Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

E-mail - September 5, 2007

" I have been feeling a bit off lately. I'm not sure what it is. I think walking so much after being in a car is a bit of a shock to the system. It's been a busy week so far, busy is good. I don't know if I wrote about it before but I keep thinking about one of my last weeks in Bury and Sister Mortensen as we were going off to sleep said, "Sister Cannon, you have this sense of urgency and it sounds like you have had it your whole mission. It doesn't seem that you have had any real hard adjustment. What do you think your real struggle has been on your mission?" I have pondered on it and, yes, it is difficult when people don't accept the message. Of course it's painful when people make wrong choices, but I think my big trial is that when people have the truth and don't live it out of laziness. People who have made and willingly broken covenants with God. It's heart-wrenching. It gets me down way way lower than hours of tracting in the rain. However much I pray for the Spirit to touch their hearts and with all the energy of my heart for charity, I'm finding that my heart is simply continuing to be broken. I know the Lord is teaching me patience, love, or maybe He wants me to know how He feels when I sin against the light I have. It's an amazing and glorious responsibility to be born in the Church. It gets me every morning. "Today I represent Jesus Christ."

Good things did happen this week. We had an amazing FHE with the Colborn family. They are RM from Ireland and they have 4 grandchildren that are not members. It's so amazing to be part of completing an eternal family. I love preparing lessons for them. Sister Colborn reminds me of Aunt Bea. They are a funny couple and their kids and grandkids are great.

I would also like to give a big thanks, I was overwhelmed with post on Monday. Elder Isaksen went to London for a meeting and brought me a stack. I got 8 letters including ones from people like Bishop Hoskisson, Brother Sutherland, the CTR 5 class of Meadow wood, Zach Bateman (from USU) and Paul and Sarah. Anne also wrote me recently. It's crazy that people from all parts of my life were remembering me. It was a really weird feeling to think that I still existed to people when all I have is my reality. My England, My Lowestoft, My Sister Miller. I love my reality so much. I don't want it to change. Thank you for the updates and prayers and fasting. I really do feel it. Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home