Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

E-mail - August 16, 2007

"I genuinely feel like I just wrote and I'm afraid I can't remember what has happened. We did a lot of finding this week and being honest, it was actually nice to be tracting. We found some really sincere people. I have less and less patience for the philosopher and the small talk. This is real restored doctrine and if someone wants to argue, I don't have time for it. The Church is true.

I did get Paul's letter in (as always) perfect timing and last night I received Sarah's letter and the Meadow Wood Word which I devoured right before bed. It resulted in some crazy dreams about the MW Ward and the Lowestoft Ward battling it out in a ballroom dance competition with an incredibly spiritual testimony meeting following.

Aside from weird dreams, I have been sleeping better. President suggested some sleep aids. I don't think I sleep longer, just deeper and I wake up more rested. Don't worry, I use them responsibly.

On Sunday we did have an incredible experience with Brother Soans (Nick). He's keeping all his commitments, Church, word of wisdom, reading, law of chastity. We have taught him a lot, but on Sunday in our appointment, we were prompted to review a bit. We have found that Brother Soans doesn't believe in God. We were both a little shocked and had a hard time believing it, but he doesn't recognize the Spirit at all. We know he feels it, but it's hard to explain to someone and narrow down what they are really feeling. I testified for an extended period of time, and I don'
t really remember what I said but a few minutes later we were all kneeling and Nick was talking to God. It was amazing. His 15 year old daughter was there too and she totally felt it. I love moments like that. It's what we try to remind ourselves of when the philosopher is preaching or people give us wrong addresses or don't show up to appointments. It's true Spiritual Reality.

I am glad to hear all is well and I can't believe school is starting already. I love my little sister Katie and I think about her when I jog. I think "I want to go running with Katie this morning."

I love my Brothers and Sisters-in-law and I do pray for them and I love my wonderful parents who have made me who I am. Thank you so much for everything. Love, Sister Cannon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home