Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

E-mail - July 18, 2007

"Whitewashing is exciting and really busy. I am learning so much about everything, it's like a jump start to my mission. It's been really fun to get to know everyone and the ward is thrilled to have Sisters.

Sister Miller is from Wales, Utah (San Pete County) and I love her. I knew we would get along. She has been out 5 months tomorrow and she was whitewash trained in Kettering (Northampton Zone). She is teaching me a lot and we are expecting many miracles. The ward has a lot of potential and it's so fun no to have any preconceived notions about...ANYONE. It's quite refreshing. The information we have comes from the Spirit. What to teach and question to ask. Some of it will be challenging but like I said, it's just what I needed (of course).

Minutes after we arrived in Lowestoft, we moved all the Elder's stuff from a members house across town to a flat above a Newsagent shop right of London Road South (the main drag that goes along the beach front). It's a really beautiful town and all the members live fairly local.

My sugar fast is going very well, I have never felt better. And there are a few other good things - like morning jogs on the beach!

I went back to Bury on 13 July to take my driver's test which was flawless except for one "major fault" which was not checking for oncoming traffic in the other lane when backing around a corner. It's a bummer that I failed but I will say that it built my confidence to only have one major fault. I don't know really that it means much for the license status but I guess I will try to do the Lord's will. That seems to get me pretty far. I love you all and am eternally grateful for your fasting and prayers, Many thanks, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home