Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

E-mail - June 28, 2007

(Abby sent a CD of pictures that I was unable to get to work on my computer, she says she will try again.)

"Hopefully this will be the only e-mail I have to write this week. There have been some really awesome things happen this week. Interviews yesterday were really a highlight. I really love President and Sister Foulger. I have really seen answers to a lot of prayers lately. Prayers that were prayed a long, long time ago. I am learning so much.

Yesterday at the Zone Leaders training, the Assistants have asked us to go through what they are calling "The Purification". It is a 40 day fast on things that "poke" at the spirit. Things that distract, things that keep us from our eye being single. I'm really excited for it. They compared a normal fast to this kind of spiritual, mental or emotional fast. We were asked to make a list of 10 things that we could offer as a sacrifice to God, things that may or may not be evil, or wicked things. (Lacrosse, sugar, deep-end doctrine, etc.). We are separating ourselves from everything worldly, a complete purification. It's going to be amazing. President Foulger told me yesterday that it is in total sacrifice that the fullness of joy comes. I have tried to study the word "pure" or purification". Part of that means homogeneous.

I'm glad that Katie did so well in the run. I think from time to time that I will run a marathon when I get home (after this I can do anything!). I also want to check up on the Preach my Gospel study. How is it coming? I love that manual. I love the Gospel. I love where I am and I love what I am doing. I love all of you. Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home