Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

E-mail - May 23, 2007

"Moves are one week from today. I think that I am going, but that's because of my pattern in Ilford: 6 weeks, train, move, 6 weeks, train and...we'll see but I think I'm out of here. Because I am not sure I am struggling to decide if I will schedule my theory test ($40) here or wait til we know for sure but I had my first "prepare you for the test" driving lesson yesterday and our instructor - a very James Burke-esque British gentleman gave me a very encouraging "5" which I think is pretty good especially since parallel parking was on the route. It was good but I still may not get a bid for the practical test ($160) until I know for sure if I'm staying or going.

Thank you for the package...I devoured the Meadow Wood Word. I love reading the other Missionarie's experiences. It is interesting that no matter where you serve we are all learning the same things. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that Blake Sutherland got called to California. Since when do they let 14 year olds serve missions!

I'm pretty sure you couldn't give me a better Birthday gift than I will be getting at 7:00 on Friday when Brother Sleight will be baptized! We are in a mad rush to arrange things, but it is all working out and there should be a good turn out. It will be the Birthday (and re-birthday) I will never forget.

Zone Conference was amazing. Elder Vinas of the First Q. of the Seventy was there with his wife and we learned so much. We have re-commited ourselves to "finding them that will receive us". The field IS white. Thank you for your prayers, I love you all and I just dare you to ask me how old I am."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home