Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

E-mail - March 14, 2007

"I love Bury St. Edmunds. I feel that I have never been anywhere else before. There are miles of green rolling hills and narrow roads between little villages of chip shops and post boxes. I couldn't feel farther from Ilford or Milton Keynes. Our teaching pool by comparison is dinky and I'm having minor culture shock but I think I'm okay. The ward is about 60/40 American military (Air Force) and Families. We have a car but we actually live 11 miles out of Bury proper and our area is huge, we cover from Newmarket to Sudbury to Stowmarket. Most of our miles are used going to and from the train station. My companion Sister Kim Anderson of Centerville is wonderful. I knew when I met her at my first Zone Conference ever that we would serve together. She has been out 13 months. The work is so different here. We are mostly "convincing" people of the reality of God far more often than of a Restoration. We live with the Most American people ever. Sister Chambers is from Kentucky and President Chambers is from Tennessee. There's plenty of Nascar, fried chicken and cats at our house. Everything is good. I'm healthy and I love being a missionary. Love to all, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home