Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Moves


"It was moves calls on Monday and we were so sure that both of us were staying that we went to sleep. The elders don't get around to calling until about 11:45 most times so we though it would be a wake up "okay, thanks, goodnight" kind of thing. That is the last time I fall asleep for moves calls. The news came when I was half asleep and very vulnerable. I though Elder Lucherini was kidding but it's true. I'm going up to Bury (Barry) St. Edmunds to serve with Sister Anderson. Sister Christensen worked there and Sister Anyanwu and from what I know of it, it is near Cambridge and an American base. But as gutted as I was (and am) to leave my beloved Ilford, I know that moves calls are always inspired and I'm sure that I have a lot to learn from Sister Anderson and the Bury branch. I also know that it is the only Zone in the mission that has more than one set of Sisters so there will be exchanges that will be nice. I heard loads of good stories about families there from Sister C so I'm not worried about the people. It will be very different. (Here is Sister Petrisor welcoming Spring in a field of daffodils!)

Bury is a car area so bye bye bus contacting. Bitter Sweet. I'm really nervous and I'm having a harder time than I expected accepting the will of the Lord, even more so than leaving Milton Keynes. In MK, I felt like my work was done. I don't feel that way at all about Ilford but I guess it's the Lord's work not mine so I guess I'll let Him do it. Thank you for your prayers, I'm going to really need them. I've seen so many miracles in this place."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home