Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

E-mail - February 21, 2007

"It has been a really crazy week including some really awesome appointments, missed appointments, finding lessons, a sick day, a spiritual district meeting (those Elders sure try hard) and a failed British driving theory test.

To answer Mom's question: We don't really do regular service here in Ilford. In Milton Keynes we were always (three hours on Friday morning) at the MK Museum of Urban History. We did odd jobs like paint fences or dust. We met one man named Bill who worked at the museum.
the last time I saw him, I was with Sister McKeen. He is a wonderful unbaptized future Bishop that loves the missionaries and got very teary eyed when we left. We didn't know that would be our last time there but moves were coming and Sister McKeen asked him to pray we would stay together. He got a shocked look on his face (I don't think any missionary had ever mentioned God before to him). I hope he didn't, because we didn't. I can't believe that was three months ago!

I would like to share one of the miracles this week. We received a missionary referral from Sister Bley. She had met a young man on a bus that lived in our area named Miguel. We met at the church where there was activity going on. They were showing "Praise to the Man". We taught Miguel who has very little Christian background the first lesson. The next appointment we had with him was last night and there was a Youth activity, pancake day. It was Shrove Tuesday which is the day before Ash Wednesday and I guess there is a tradition to make pancakes (crepes). At least he knows that there are young people in the church. I feel really good about him, really good. The miracle part of that is that it has really made me ponder on the "seeds I plant" every person I talk to.

Another miracle happened on Sunday when a middle-aged couple walked into church having found the address on the internet. Janet and Peter. Janet has never felt comfortable in any church but Peter loved his church. She loved every minute of church and he seemed OK. I loved her as soon as I saw her so much, just to find out that they live in Strattford area (just barely outside our boundary). When I introduced them to the Strattford Elders, Peter recognized Elder Ogunleye from him just saying Hello in front of the station, he didn't even try to teach, just a hello. Peter warmed immediately. It was a miracle.

Sister Petrisor has been sick and it has really made me appreciate the good health I have enjoyed while being out. The Lord's Priesthood is powerful and I have been really blessed with the promise of good health. We did have to stay home one day. It was a mixed blessing. I got to read the Book of Mormon all day, so lovely.

I'm sorry about the lack of pictures. Sister Christensen was supposed to send you a CD we made on our last day together. It will come soon. I love you all, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home