Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

E-mail - February 7, 2007

"I wish I could tell you all the miracles I have seen this week. I don't remember if I told you about the sisters we are teaching, Nicola and Lucy? Lucy requested a Book of Mormon from the website because her sister had been looking for a church to have her son christened in and was "drawn" to this one. She (Nicola) couldn't find a Book of Mormon anywhere so she bought one on Amazon for 7 pounds! (that is about 14 dollars -- someone is making money on regular mission copies of the scripture). and she told Lucy to get her own. Sister Christensen and I delivered the Book and they even came to church but it kind of fizzled. Until I thought of them again with Sister Petrisor and we have taught them 2 times and they are keeping commitments. It's incredible the way the Lord does his work. There are so many blessings for those who trust. I can't believe how excited I get when an investigator shares what they read in the Book of Mormon or when they come to church. I didn't anticipate feeling like that for what seems like little things.

Here is another one. Yesterday our morning appointment didn't show up but we got to teach a sister in our ward who is lovely and then we caught a late bus back home for lunch. We took our seats seperately (of course) and I was prompted to talk to the young man across the aisle. He didn't even blink when I explained about a living prophe and the restored gospel, but he jumped at the opportunity to preach to me. For 20 minutes and miles passed our stop for food and home. I got angry at his cement ears and the Spirit left, but for some reason I kept listening, trying to appear patient. I could finally take no more and I shoved him a pass along card and got off the bus in the middle of a crazy unfamiliar part of Ilford. Sister Petrisor was upset with me because I let it go so long (I usually don't, I'm not here to be preached to) and we were murmuring about not getting our lunch and going away from our plans and getting really lost. When out of the corner of my eye I see a young woman nearly getting hit by a car and arriving at our side of the street and all she said to me was "you know where is church?" I didn't really know what was meant but I recognized the accent from somewhere and was thrilled that she was asking about the church. While Sis P messed with the map, I started teaching her and then she asked "Christian? Yah, I know but you where is Church?" so maybe not, different question, I said "Where are you from?" and she said one word that made everything make sense. "Romania." (Sister P is from Romania). Heavenly Father is so good. We walked her home and got to know her a bit. She is very excited about coming to church and she already identified that there were spiritual reasons for coming to England (six months ago). We still got lunch and all of the afternoon apointments went amazingly well. I love this so much. Thanks for everything. Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home