Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

E-mail - Jan. 3, 2006


"This week was really good. We started the New Year off right and went to the chapel to watch the "Ten Commandments.." It was awesome. I love that movie. I want to make it a tradition to watch the 3 hour and 40 minute epic on New Years. I'ts funny that you mentioned not jogging because I've convinced Sister Christensen that she will have a happier marriage if we jog everyday. We both have been battling colds so we just started today, but don't worry, we mix up our route and always stick to main roads. Seven Kings isn't so posh, but it's not dangerous. We are right across the street from Kingdom Hall so the neighborhood can't be that bad.

Last Sunday was a huge success. We had Brother Egbunike, who is getting baptized on Jan. 20 and Brother Nutsuga, who should set his date tonight (say a prayer for him) and Sister Cobbinah who was the miracle woman I told you about meeting "randomly." She is so on fire. She told her church last week that she was going to go back to the LDS church and she told us how they weren't too happy telling her all sorts of bad things, but she told us "I told them that I knew it was true and if they would even give you (the missionaries) the chance to teach them then they would know too. And then they told me they thought I was starting to look like a Mormon. I thanked them. I think it was because I took the sacrament for the first time in 10 years." She is so wonderful and she's coming to teach with us today. I love these people so much. Thank you for everything. I love you all very much. The Church is true."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home