Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

E-mail - Dec. 27, 2006

"We have 3 hours of normal preparation day today and I am so grateful. My companion and I both were disappointed in how easy it was to slip back into "normal" behavior in just the two days we had to do whatever we wanted including watching G rated films. We rented High School Musical and Chicken Little. It was a fun way to remember Christmas. the night before the Bishop and his wife put on a huge dinner party for those who would have otherwise spent Christmas alone. The evening was finished by watching "White Christmas" in the Relief Society room on big blow up chairs. It was great! My Christmas presents were perfect Mom! I was so happy to talk to all of you on Monday. It made it much more real that I am So dramatically separated by time and space from all of your lives and details. I am so pleased that it doesn't change how I feel or what I know about you. Our conversation left me pondering on how important my family really is to me. Heavenly Father had it right when He sent me to you. I am so blessed. I am also shocked to hear you got a copy of my President letter. I hope you enjoyed the part that saiD "letters are confidential so you may be open in your comments." Oh well. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love President Foulger. He has such an impressive testimony. I got a beautiful card from Aunt Linda and Uncle Mel and the Woffindens sent me a Christmas card. They are so sweet. Thank y ou for your prayers and letters and everything. HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home