Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

E-mail - Jan. 31, 2007

"I just finished my first full week as a trainer and I will be honest, it was really crazy. One giant tender mercy was that Sister Anyanwu was on her way home and got to be my transfer companion until the newbie arrived. She gave me a pep talk and it helped. I can't believe she's back in Sweden. It's so crazy. I am never going home. Sister Christina Petrisor is from Romania. Her English is really good except for a few words and then she will say, "how do you call it?" She loves hiking, climbing and black people. She doesn't like healthy food, walking or gypsies. We are getting along pretty well. I sometimes forget that she is new. Because she really isn't; she served 2 mini-missions in Bucharest so she knows how to be a missionary. Heavenly Father must love her very much too because almost everyone we have been teaching is all of a sudden keeping commitments. We had 6 people at church on Sunday. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. Sister Petrisor has an amazing testimony and she is loving the mission life despite the excessive walking that is required. To be fair, her ankle is held together by a series of large pins from a surgery she had after a bad break right before her mission call. She doesn't complain much for how much it must hurt, but we have already seen miracles because of our new pace. She's lovely. I love her a whole bunch. I have been kind of tired lately but other than that, I am happy and healthy and loving the gospel. The church is still true and everyone still needs to hear it. I love you all. Thanks for your prayers."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home