Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

E-mail - March 22, 2007

"I'm sorry I couldn't get to the library yesterday, believe me I was as sorry as you were. But it worked out so well" We had an appointment that failed and after repenting for not having a back-up plan we were directed over to a members home where a non-member friend of the 14 year old son just "happened" to be staying. The Spirit was amazing as we taught this boy the Restoration. It was a miracle. His countenance CHANGED. I loved it so much. It was really humbling to know that this is literally the Lord's work and no one elses -- not even mine. I am so overwhelmed with the power of the Book of Mormon. I love it soo much. I was so touched by it's power this week. I wish I had time to write my feelings.

Mothering Sunday or Mother's Day is celebrated in March and we had a half-hearted presentation by the mostly American Primary. After the heart wrenching "Mother Tell Me a Story", the three investigators that attended burst into applause and gave everyone a smile. I love it. I'm starting to really love Suffolk and I'm really learning a lot from being in such a British atmosphere. Yesterday morning we walked down the lane to Barningham Chapel. The tower dates back to 1500 and the woodwork (I was impressed) was even older. The whole time I was admiring everything Dad's words sounded in my ears, "we'll own them all some day." I would love to tell you more. I think I will buy a tape recorder because I just have too much to say. I love you all until next week."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home