Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

E-mail - May 15, 2007

"We had a bit of a mix up and it became necessary to e-mail today, Tuesday. Tomorrow is Zone Conference and Thursday is a no driving day, so here I am. I figure it's all right not to receive any e-mail because I just talked to you and I actually have time to write about a really cool experience we had today. We had taken the train to Stowmarket and were planning on walking to the Nursing home and teaching everybody we saw. There is a large park on the way where we had planned to meet the solid new investigator that Heavenly Father was going to put there. Upon arrival, it was "chucking down" rain as they say and with street contacting being our only back-up plan, and not a soul on the streets, we had to think fast. I remembered a few former investigators that Sister Anderson knew in some parts of Stowmarket and we were blessed to have the tracting records to do some call backs. After no luck with the formers, we continued on our way to the Chilton Meadows Nursing home. On the way we stopped at a street I had glanced at weeks ago, seeing that we had a record. We did a call back on number 126. All the record said was "Pauline, shift worker c/b" I never know how to react on call- backs so, we knocked. A woman answered the door and we taught. She was moved to tears at the first vision. Her name was Dawn. The only door we knocked on and got an appointment. Pauline had moved. God is good.

It was so nice to talk to you on Mother's Day. It really boosted my spirit. I love my family so much. Next week we will be back to the Wednesday e-mailing. Sorry about this bad scheduling. Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home