Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

E-mail - May 2, 2007

"So ask me how old I am? 21. And it hasn't changed for almost a year! I can't believe how time has totally screamed by. Please no more references to how long I've been out. I plan to be on a mission for the rest of my life. The pace of the work seems to have no effect on the little villages and thorpes all around Suffolk. I am beginning to appreciate the bliss of country life in a new way as the work is roaring on. Last night we had an appointment with Shelly (who, by the way, CAME TO CHURCH! One of the happiest moments of my life). I think I told you about her. It was amazing. She feels the Spirit so readily and she said as we were leaving, "I know there are these rules and stuff, but I feel what you are saying is right."

I am starting to love Bury. As my third area, it took a bit longer just because I started becoming hardened and developing the dreaded "no point in connecting, I'll just be leaving in 6 weeks" attitude, but there is absolutely no room for apathy in this work."

I just love you all so much. It feels good to be here doing what I know I should be. What a privilege! Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home