Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

E-mail - July 11, 2007

Moves calls this week brought a bit of a bump. Lowestoft is a seaside tourist hot spot-retirement area. It's been an Elders area for ages. In Ilford, the Romford District Leader's companion started his mission there and from what I remember, I feel like I am going to the Florida of East Anglia and the most incredible cotton candy ever. New challenges, a good time to be had. I'm so proud of Sister Mortensen. There is a Chinese Sister (Lee) coming to replace me. I know they will be great. I thought for sure I would be headed to London, but it seems the Lord has more to teach me in white "suburbia". I will be "white washing" Lowestoft. Following Elders in an all Elders Zone is going to be exciting and challenging but I feel very up for it. I'm excited to meet my new companion, Sister Miller I have never met or even heard of her so she must be fairly new. I do know that she is from the states. Anyway, I love Bury and will miss the ward. It's hard to believe that I have been here as long as I was in Milton Keynes. How I have changed since then! My goodbyes now are pretty standard non-emotional, "see ya laters" and there is little to say but "thanks for the great examples" It is an eternal work and the effect on the here and now is overshadowed by the "gotta go finding". It is almost like a game show, "okay folks, I will give you 18 months to talk to as may people about the gospel as possible, ready? GP!" It's rush, rush, this sense of urgency is what keeps me going, can't stop, can't stop.

Thank you for all your prayers and support and just so you know my forty day fast is going awesome. I don't remember if I told you the details but I divided my 10 things into physical and spiritual (the duality of souls, one of my favorite gospel concepts to ponder) and the one that is effecting me the most I feel is being completely starved of all refined sugar. I feel wonderful and we are day 11. So your prayers must be working especially because on day one I turned down a real American Pumpkin pie and ice cream. I love you all! Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home