Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

E-mail - Aug. 1, 2007

"First and foremost, Happy Birthday Dad! Sister Michelle Miller of Wales played bass clarinet with Matthew Witham's orchestra, the one that went to New York a bit ago. We found out when she was showing me pictures and I said, "Wow, that looks exactly like my next door neighbor, Matthew Witham." It's a small State. Then Sister Bahme's family moved from California to Provo and her little brother is at Timpview and is Katie's age. Brett Bahme?

We had a great week with an incredible Zone Conference yesterday and it was the perfect jump start to this point of my mission. Mum, I think I explained before but a whitewash is when two new missionaries come into an area. There has not been Sisters in Lowestoft since the late 80's and the last two that served here are now actually married to people from here and live in the ward. Not to worry, definitely not my fate.

Our major progressing investigator, Nick, is praying about baptism on 1 September. I learn so much when we teach him. He's a brick layer and he has such a different way (from me) of understanding the gospel. He was one of our first appointments here. The Elders have been teaching him on and off for several months and when we sat down with him he said, "I don't believe in God." He feels it as he lives the commandments, he keeps commitments and he loves it. He's so happy, it's wonderful. It's a testimony that Faith Works. Sometimes Faith doesn't feel. (I've had a lot actually of the not feeling anything). Faith works, and WORKS HARD. That is when we see the result that is when we grow, by working in our Faith.

I have been learning more about how individual the gospel is. I have found that it is absolutely necessary for everyone to be different. It really strengthens my testimony of the Atonement. How individual and how personal Christ's sacrifice HAD to be. We are so blessed to have this knowledge and be able to apply it to US, to me. He gives us the tools and he expects us to DO. It's true 100%. I love you all and thank you so much for your support and prayers. I really feel them. Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home