Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

E-mail - Aug. 9, 2007

"Thank you for your e-mails. I don't know what it is but we haven't really had "regular" preparation days since I've been in Lowestoft. There is always something going on and sometimes it's too much of a hassle to get to the library. Yesterday I was particularly disappointed not to read from you but I know now that it was for the best. I really needed your encouragement this morning. More details about the teaching pool, huh? We have three solid investigators right now. I think I told you about Nick. He's praying about baptism and he is now living the law of chastity. The Elders taught him and his girlfriend , Kelly. They are now separated. Dee, is a member referral who is a sweet older lady and loves church. Mark is also a former investigator from about a year ago. He's doing a lot of changing and progressing very well. We are finding a lot of our time out tracting and street contacting. It never hurt anyone's faith, or ability to teach. It's exciting for my words to be at the will of the Spirit. Something I try desperately to keep close to me. Like Phillip, Dad was exactly right sometimes we have no further direction other than to open your mouth. One thing is for sure, God loves ALL his children, even people on the Beach front making bad choices.

Yesterday we went to Norwich for interviews with the President. I love President Foulger. He is so close to the Lord and his words really encouraged me. I have been struggling, not in a serious way, with the "opposition in ALL THINGS". I still have trouble discerning "good gifts that come from God" and "the cunning of the Devil." There is opposition in all things but "all things denote that there is a God".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home