Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

E-mail - October 31, 2007

"Today we went up to interviews with President Foulger at Norwich. I sat down (for the eleventh time) across from that inspired man and to be honest didn't really have anything to say. He gave me, as usual, exactly what I needed to hear. And as usual I felt re-energized to convert millions.

There have been some really good experiences this week. On Saturday, we were selected to be ushers at the first annual Norwich Stake Restoration Pageant. It was quite good especially because we got to see it twice. Mark Lambert (an investigator)'s Mum came and felt the Spirit of the Prophet Joseph Smith and is now being taught. We also had a few less-active and recent converts come. I was especially touched when John Taylor (played by an American serviceman from Thetford ward) sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief". Joseph Smith was definitely a prophet. Isn't it wonderful!

Sister Halladay's foot got run over by a car. We were waiting at a stop light and it was her first full day of leading on the bikes when at the last second she decided to turn right, knocking a side mirror clean off and when she put her foot down to catch her fall, the car's back tire ran over her shoe. It happened at the most perfect time. We got the Legrices to take us up to the hospital where we got an x-ray. Thankfully nothing was broken. The foot is a bit swollen and her pride a little hurt but she's tough and is walking around just fine.

I am so excited to see my new Will. Send pictures soon. I know he won't remember that he doesn't remember me. I love you all so much. The Church is true."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home