Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

E-mail - October 10, 2007

"Conference!! It was an incredible and definitely had the desired effect on the Less Actives and Investigators that we are teaching. We had a pretty good turn-out. Unfortunately (not really because we were being obedient), we weren't allowed to stay to the 9-11 pm broadcast of the Sunday afternoon session. But I loved every minute of the other sessions. Especially Elder Holland's almost rebuke about the important doctrine of the Godhead. And the focus on the Book of Mormon! I love it.

My new companion, Sister Kiersten Halladay of Tooele knows the Griffiths (Jennifer) and is happy to be here. She just came from spending six months in beloved Milton Keynes so we have loads to talk about. We have been getting to know each other the best we can being on bikes all day, but it hasn't been too bad. Her enthusiasm and fresh eyes are exactly what Lowestoft needs to get those 6 baptisms before the end of the year. I feel good about it and I know if we do it in the Lord's way it will be done.

Speaking of bikes, I had my first minor accident. You would all laugh at the sight of me trying to bike home carrying a broom in one hand and my scriptures in the other trying to fit through the bike gates and misjudging the length of the broom. We had a good laugh and it seemed to break the ice a bit. I escaped with a raspberry on my leg and a few bruises. I know. I know. I know. I'll be more careful next time. We are having a blast on the bikes. It has made finding really different. But my body is happier than ever."

(About her release date - I asked Sister Cannon if she knew it yet and that if she would tell us, I would not mention it again) ..."I think it will be about the 4th of February give or take. I think that is all that needs to be said. It will be great to be in England another Christmas. Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home