Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

E-mail - November 28, 2007

" It seems to get colder and colder everyday and Sister Besso doesn't complain at all. Her Christmas is usually the middle of the summer and is looking forward to her first and only cold December. I can't believe how fast the last week has gone. Things are going much better with the Elders although we still seem to run into them everywhere. The ward is adjusting quite well to Sisters and I feel we are on the edge of something very big. We got to go up to Ely earlier today and visit an American Sister, Sister Pack (Air Force). You will think I'm ridiculous but we did not take the Ely Cathedral tour which costs 6 quid. Maybe next time. The real reason was we didn't have any cash. It is a magnificent structure even from the outside and the foyer. I can't wait til it's one of ours.

We were taken down to Saffron Walden (you should Google Earth it, it's an amazing little village) after the munch and mingle and dropped off on a "random" street by the lovely Sister Dot Wheeler. We met some really amazing people including a really interested new investigator named Amy and a woman surnamed Cannon. She wasn't at all interested in the Gospel (crazy, I know) but we told her that our church was keen on family history. "Oh!" she said, "So are the Mormons!" We had a bit of chat and she wanted to know what we know and share what she had.

We had Thanksgiving with the Morieras. A really yummy Portugese chicken casserole and salad. The only really "Thanksgiving-y" thing about it was our lesson afterwards about gratitude. It was a wonderful way to spend the holiday and I'm glad you also had a good time. Thank you so much for the pictures! I love my little William so much already and can't wait to meet him. Another miracle was the dinner appointment in Bury on Thanksgiving Eve. While we were there, James Hayhoe (found and taught him but got moved to Lowestoft 2 weeks before his baptism) came over to go Home teaching with Bishop! It was such a tender mercy to see him again and apparently he is contemplating a mission. God is so good.

We get to go to the temple, something I miss desperately on the 20th. The nearest I can figure my release date is on the 31 January. I promise I have called a few times about it but there is a lot of confusion. It's true that I don't like thinking about it, but I am trying to be realistic. I have told you about the bike trip I'm planning right? It might have been on the tape that I need to send. I'm not sure what I'm going to do anyway. There will be plenty of time for there, there. There is not here. I love you all and will hear from you (and talk to you) soon. Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home