Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

E-mail - November 21, 2007

"Cambridge - Beautiful yes, receptive yes, exciting and challenging yes. I have had so many emotions in the last week, I don't even know where to start. I am actually e-mailing from my "home" area in Bury St. Edmunds. There are still Sisters here and the Elders (who we are "sharing" the area with) are teaching a Taiwanese sister, so I swapped with Sister Lee for the day. Currently my companions are Sister Miller (of beloved Lowestoft) and Sister Mtntoishi (don't worry, it doesn't sound like that, she's from South Africa).

The Lord has really blessed me despite my uneasiness and faithlessness. Over and over, it has been confirmed to me that this is where I am supposed to be. The ward is very transient, lots of students and American military. It is also very large, we could fit most of the Romford Stake in our boundaries. We are assigned to focus our efforts on building Cambridge and it's been really good. Opening our Mouths in City Center is a whole new world for me. Everybody is very bright. I already have a huge love for the people and of course the beautiful places and buildings. Sister Besso is wonderful - such a testimony - and we gel very well. She likes to talk almost as much as me and we have a good time. I'm grateful to know that you will all be together on Thanksgiving. I will be at the Morieras, a familiar Portugese family from the Bury Ward. Don't worry about me, I am loving it. The Lord definitely has a lot to teach me still and I am focusing on learning as quickly as I can. I just have to rely on Him and keep working hard. Love you all very much, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home