Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

E-mail - November 13, 2007

"I guess I'll give you the big news first, I am moving, and you'll never guess where I am going. Even as I write I have crazy big knots in my stomach. I am going to be half of the Sisters in CAMBRIDGE! Yes, it is back to the Cambridge District and back to beautiful Cambridge. It is funny to be able to picture where I am going. My companion will be Sister Besso from Australia. She is half South American. Opening another Sisters area will be challenging but not as difficult as leaving my Baby of Lowestoft. I have had so many incredible experiences here and have grown so close to many of the members, it is difficult to say goodbye to everyone. I get to see Brother Soans at least tonight. I will miss the raging sea. The whole ward has been a support the whole time we have been here and we have seen so much progress. Mark Lambert baptized. The Alexanders came back to church. The Gassons. I will miss the Stake President and his family. The Wrights. The Bells. The Legrices. The Phillips. Everyone.

I can't believe I'm serving in CAMBRIDGE! It's unreal. I'm proper chuffed. (that means really pleased). I have no idea what to expect but I feel it is the Lord's will and so I KNOW things will work out. They always do. It will be amazing to serve in such a beautiful place.

Next, the Storm...We didn't drown but we did get evacuated. The High Tide and low pressure put most of Lowestoft in danger of floods that ended up being a few larger puddles and limited damage. But it was exciting and we got most of it on my tape recorder. It was a sleepover at Bishops and a not very effective day of proselyting - mostly service and planning. It was probably the longest week of my life. We had some really good experiences and I am looking forward to a safe inland intellectual haven.

I am taking my driving test in a matter of minutes. I'm fairly, but not overly confident about my driving. Bishop Barron gave me a really wonderful blessing last night and I am calm.

My anxieties about going home are less and less everyday. The Lord had really answered my prayers in the last few days. When you ask the Lord to do something, YOU HAVE TO LET HIM DO IT. Our Agency is so important. I can't believe how much I have learned about it. And soon we will be able to go to the temple! God is so real. I feel so close to Him sometimes. I'm excited for the growth and experience that awaits me in the next few months. I feel in someways that I have started my mission over and I am preparing to leave my first area. In other ways I don't feel like I existed before. Isn't it wonderful that time passes and we can grow and live and learn. Love, Sister Cannon"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home