Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Friday, December 28, 2007

E-mail - December 27, 2007

"I know I talked to a few of you yesterday, but we are still directed to e-mail once a week. So, you just can't get enough. Things are going much better. I feel a fresh start and very blessed with ample time to change the things I need to. We had a wonderful boxing day with the Wheelers and some elderly sisters from the ward and on the way home, Brother Wheeler asked us to visit a Brother Bill Hopper who has been bed-ridden for quite some time. We were still in our non-proselyting clothes, but we went anyway. Still ministering, Sister Besso in her sweats and I in my "Happiness is yelling Bingo " shirt. We brought cheer to our brother's boxing day. Despite our badgelessness, it was a wonderful experience and it gave me the taste of what regular visiting teaching will be like. I'm beginning to understand that I am the same person with the tag as I am without it. I have the same Holy Ghost with me without the bit of plastic. It's good, I guess.

Another thing I am becoming aware of is how my e-mails must sound to you all. The lack of detail is shocking. I'm sorry. It's amazing how rich the last 17 months have been, a completely unexplainable experience. It's really wonderful. I am so blessed. I pray I will be able to collaborate (is that the right word?) all of it and become the "new and improved" all at once. I feel like if I don't, it's going to spill all over the place and be wasted.

I feel a new resolve to increase our teaching pool and build the kingdom no matter what. I feel the Spirit helping to sharpen my focus and in many ways I feel like I'm starting my mission over again. To stand a little taller, be a little more obedient, love more, share more. It's exciting and I have a feeling I'm going to be learning a lot until the very end. Not that we have to mention it often.

So it's the last week of 2007 and everybody is taking this opportunity to make a bigger deal over this fresh start than of any other new day or week or month. It's a wonderful time for goal setting and plan making and to focus on improvement in the future. (SEE CHAPTER 8 IN PREACH MY GOSPEL). I, however, will be focusing on improvement in my week first then my day. I have no doubt that no matter what circumstance I come back to, the Lord will bless me with opportunity necessary for growth. And so I will be here while I can, like Grandma said. Hope everybody's Christmas was magical and shard with loved ones and perfect strangers. And I pray the New Year will bring hope and improvement. Lots of love, Sister Cannon

PS I love the Paul and Sarah Newsletters. It's so adult. It's cool that you're all grown up now..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home