Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

E-mail - December 5, 2007

"It's been a really wonderful week. We have worked very hard finding, finding, finding. We currently have 3 investigators. The reason for not giving you my address is simply because we have been pretty much in non-permanent residences until Friday last week. We have moved out of the Elder's (extremely posh) flat and into a high-rise near city centre with coin (pound coins only) operated electricity. Which brings me to the first funny story of the week. It was Sister Besso's birthday on Sunday and I had tricked her into showering (in the electric power shower) first so that I could "decorate" the room with post-its and presents. At 6:47, we lost all power. With only 4 2-pound coins and less than an hour to be ready, we began our quest for change, me in my slippers and over-coat and half wet, half-dressed Sister Besso listening at every door on the floor to know who could be up on this glorious fast Sunday morning. The Polish woman across the hall was kind enough to swap with us. You'll hear more about the flat later. I'm still making tapes.

We had a really wonderful Zone Conference yesterday. I conducted the music, yes, I do that now. I'm afraid I totally destroyed the "I'll go where you want me to go" 6/8! It's a good job no one looks except for one fairly new Elder, Elder Ivy. He didn't seem to blink. President Foulger gave multiple trainings on Companionship Unity and I think that we probably all need to take the hint. The thing is that very few people have moved lately. After the huge turn-over companionships have more or less stayed the same and with moves right before Christmas, four days, I think everyone is a little on edge. I felt the Spirit incredibly. I know President Foulger is called of God.

The ward is very transient, lots of American military and students.

I'm not sure why I'm writing all these not very important details. The truth is that I don't really know what to write. I feel more and more that my experiences are becoming more and more distant from my reality at "home". It's probably just a mood. Christmas-time contributes as well. It's a good time of year. I love you all and will talk to you soon. Love, Sister Cannon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home