Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

E-mail - January 2, 2008

"This time of year just magnifies my nostalgia for my mission. I really have had a great year, a REALLY great year. Sister Besso is helping me be excited for the coming year as well. I have had a terrible cold and she is also doing really well playing mum. Even though I know she is not feeling 100% herself. I assume the wedding that took place was Maddy's? I forgot to tell Grandma "Happy Birthday". Send my love and thanks again for the advice.

My New Year's Eve was spend with the counselors of the Bishopric (Father and Son-in-law) Brother Stokes and Johnson (son of Kenneth Johnson of the Europe West Area Presidency). They have a beautiful house in a little village called Keddington and you would love it. They are a wonderful family and aside from my cold, I really enjoyed myself.

We had an eventful New Years Day, in continuing my tradition watched Demille's Ten Commandments at Sister Conway's house. I can't wait for you to meet her. She and her family are wonderful. They are actually moving to Salt Lake in March, so we will have to look her up. We also had a really good appointment with Sharon and Marion. Sharon is still struggling with the concept of the Restoration, but we are getting there. Last night as I lay awake - nose dripping and coughing-- I saw so clearly how Heavenly Father has prepared me to serve these people right now. Especially principles about agency and accountability. The Plan of Salvation is FLAWLESS. The Atonement is TOTAL. As I look back at all the people I have met this last year, it is amazing the experiences that have given me understanding to relate to people and to the scriptures for people. I love it.

I am starting to really, really love Cambridge. More especially the people here. It is hard to believe I have served anywhere else. I can't believe my mission is ending. But like I said, We have set some goals that are making me look forward to the coming badgeless year. It's almost harder that I love it so much. And it is much easier to think about it not ending so I think I'll stick to it as long as I can. I love you all and I promise I have a really cool package on the way. I'm sort of waiting for one last thing from Brother Conway before I can send it.

I got some nice e-mails from the Edwards and the Reidhead families. I am so blessed to have supportive family. I love all my family so much. It proves how much God loves me. Be good and do good. Love, Sister Cannon

PS Is the Christmas stuff still going to be up when I return?" (Mom replies "Not a Chance")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home