Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

E-mail - January 30, 2008

"I have had a really good week. We have been really building bridges with the members and we also had a "mini mission" with some of the YW and YSA in our ward. My companion was Ruth Reed who is a British version of Katie Cannon. 17, ginger and sporty. We covered all aspects of missionary work, finding , teaching and planning. The Baptisms were amazing. The Spirit was very nice and there was a good turnout including our newest primest investigator Ade (aaday). I bore my testimony and so did Sharon. It was wonderful. They are so happy to be members of the only true and living church on the face of the earth.

I don't feel any different to any other moves. Elder McRobb gave me a blessing yesterday morning and I haven't been able to manage a worry fit since. Darn it. It's just like any other moves. We also received information that the Elders are moving out of Cambridge and into Bury St. Edmunds.! The Bury Sisters are going away and Sister Besso will be the remnant of the original district. Lucky.

I'm glad to hear the nice things done to honor out beloved Prophet. It doesn't really feel real. Sister Besso was pleased that he also gets to meet Sergio (her brother). Things will definitely be different when I get back, but I don't think I'll be able to notice until General Conference.

I don't have much time. Things are good. I'm shipping stuff and making sure everything is the right weight. This is madness. Lots of love, Sister Cannon"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for always posting letters from Sister Cannon - I have definitely been blessed by her experiences. Would you email me your phone number so I can phone Abby sometime in the next week? Thank you so much!

KarenRuth@gmail.com

Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home