Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

E-mail - February 5, 2008

"It's the final countdown or so Sister Besso says. There is a lot going on, a lot to do and a lot I have to leave until the last minute. Tomorrow morning we will get the 09:23 train to London Liverpool Street Station for the awkward ritual of swapping companions. After that I don't really have any idea what will happen to me. Something about dinner at the mission home and there is a shadow of a plane ticket or something. I'm kind of glad I've been left in the dark. There must be an awful lot of people praying for me because "I am as calm as a summer's morning". I don't have any regrets that is for sure. The only guilt I feel is the amount of people (from my mission) I need to write and haven't had the time to . To be honest it doesn't feel real. I've just been carrying on as usual. Sister Besso was teasing me yesterday, "You don't really live everyday like it's your last, more like you live everyday like your 9 months out." I will miss her. I will miss a lot of these things. But it's not like I have the opportunity to because, it's here, right here is the best place to be right now. God is showing me a lot and it's only when I think about it that I get scared. So I don't. Hope you are all prepared to engage me in intense selfless activity.

I have had a really great last week. The Cambridge Sisters are going to rock and roll. We have found some really solid people. And Sister McPhee and Marion are doing so well. She takes every opportunity to bear her testimony. We took her teaching on Saturday and it was so perfect. Sharon was speaking purely by the Spirit and said everything just right for this brother that we saw, Ade. It was a wonderful experience. I love being a missionary. I am learning that, yes, I would be thrilled if I could do this forever, but I won't. It's strange how unemotional all of it is. All of the missionaries bore their testimonies on Sunday. Mine was longer than normal but I wasn't even choked up. It's just another moves in my mind. I love this ward.

Sister Bidwell is coming to replace me. She will be great. She just spent six months with her trainer in Britannia, unusual. But what is normal on a mission? I have had nine companions, and five areas. Sister Miller is going to Ilford, she'll love it and Sister MtNonishi is going to die in Milton Keynes. Elder Smith is going to Bury St. Edmunds and I don't really know who else I will see at Liverpool Street. You don't really care about all of that do you? I guess we can talk about it later.

I saw a dog this morning and thought it was Lucy. It made me smile.

I don't know if it's really healthy how calm I am about all of this. I hope it doesn't all hit me at once when I actually do get home. I'm planning on applying at the MTC, cycling, and going to the temple daily. Beyond that, I don't know. I will need a lot to do so you can get your February list out. I don't really have anything to respond to so I guess I'll just see you soon. Love you a lot. Sister Cannon"

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

We're so excited to hear from Abby! It is so surreal that it's been 18 months already. We've missed her, but what better place for her to have been? Well done, Abby.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home