Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

E-mail - Nov. 1, 2006

"...Thank you all for your words of encouragement. This week has been amazing. Sister Jarvis is the gospel principles teacher in the MK ward and she invited her class (and us) over to dinner on Sunday. It was a very memorable night. Kingsley (Nigeria) and Lawrence (Ghana- to be baptized on November 26) came and we were able to teach them about the Word of Wisdom. They both readily accepted. Oh dear, I haven't told you the best part of all, I will get to see them get baptized! Yes, both S. McKeen and I are staying another six weeks. We will be walking most of the month. We are allotted 1,000 miles a month in our car and we are barely scraping by. It sounds like a lot but covering two wards can be difficult. I love being a missionary! I love it! I feel more and more at home with what I'm doing, my only fear is that I will get too casual. This is truly the Lord's work.
PS Oh yes, my retina. Last Zone P-day I took a football to the face and had a bit of a blind spot for about a week and a half. But like I said, it was nothing serious."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home