Sister Abigail Cannon

Sister Abigail Cannon is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the England London Mission. She began her service on July 26, 2006, leaving from her home of Provo, Utah. This Blog is a record of her missionary service.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

September 14, 2006 - E-mail

"Yesterday was Zone-P-day and President Foulger came to Milton Keynes for interviews and Sister Foulger gave us a presentation on Manners. I am in the Northampton Zone and my Zone leaders are amazing teachers. Elder Barray is from France, and Elder Panchuuk from Ukraine. It was fun to see the President again and Sister Foulger is so kind. We are the only sisters in the Zone, I guess there is one sister companionship per Zone so maybe 20 sisters are in the mission, not quite sure, but nevertheless Zone P-day activities usually end up being sport related like the wonderful 4 hour game of "chair football" which is a toned down form of soccer, everyone has a chair and if the ball touches your chair then you have to sit down. Sister Anyanwu didn't want to play. Interacting with Elders if different than I had expected. To say they are "brothers" would be too casual. I'm still figuring things out, trying my best not to "stick my nose up" at them. It's funny how they turn into little boys when there's a ball on the court. I enjoyed myself."
"We are nearing the end of my first "moves" which is every six weeks. I am trying not to get distracted by the fact that I may not be here next week, but it's difficult. I can't imagine leaving Milton Keynes, I love everyone so much. It will be hard to leave (if I do get transferred) especially the Settles. We had a wonderful evening with them last night. I'll try to get you a picture."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home